Keep checking this page for updates on any alerts related to debit cards, potential fraud, and scams.
February 29, 2016
We have received multiple reports of a potential phone scam going around in our area. The phone number is disguised to look like it is coming from our main phone number, 337-276-3692. Customers are reporting that it is an automated recording asking you to enter your debit card number, PIN number or social security number.
Please be aware, we will NEVER call you and ask you for your debit card number, PIN number, account number or social security number. We have all of that information already. And also, our calls will NEVER be from an automated system or recording. Please use extreme caution and NEVER input your personal or financial information in over the phone. If you receive one of these calls, hang up immediately.
If you think or suspect your debit card or account has been compromised, please call us immediately at 337-276-3692. For after hours debit card calls, please call 1-800-383-8000.
Card Skimming Devices
February 22, 2016
There have been confirmed reports from KATC of credit/debit card skimming devices found on gas pumps in the following parishes: Acadia, Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Iberia, Jackson, Jefferson Davis, St. Martin, St. Mary, Tangipahoa, and Vermillion.
We would like to caution everyone to investigate gas pumps and ATMs for a skimming device prior to use. You can use an internet search engine, such as Google, to research and understand how skimming devices operate and steal your card information.
Here is a list of free services we offer to aide our customers in combating fraudulent transactions:
- Online and Mobile banking: Check your account as often as you like to confirm and validate transactions in real time.
- Account Alerts: Online and Mobile banking users have the ability to setup account alerts to be notified about any updates or changes to your account. Alerts can be sent via text message, phone call, email or secure message.
- Shazam Falcon Fraud: Please call 1-800-383-8000 during hours when the bank is closed to report a lost, stolen or compromised debit card.
- Shazam BOLT$: Download the BOLT$ app to get another layer of monitoring and security. Shazam BOLT$ provides the following capabilities and features:
- Receive alerts for:
- Purchases exceeding defined thresholds.
- "Card-Not-Present" purchases. (Online or phone purchases)
- Suspicious or high risk transactions.
- Put a temporary block on your card if you misplace or suspect your card has been stolen.
- Read more about Shazam BOLT$.
- Receive alerts for:
As you can see, we provide a multitude of free services to assist you in preventing fraud and staying on top of your accounts. We highly urge all of our account holders to take advantage of these free services in order to protect their personal and financial information. If you think or suspect your debit card or account has been compromised, please call us immediately at 337-276-3692.